Thursday, June 11, 2009

Just Close Your Eyes & Visualize

Tomorrow my life will change. How do I know that? I just do. I have a gut feeling that it will. And in a good, no GREAT & AMAZING way! I even wrote it on my calendar.

I made a visualization board yesterday. A what? I said, a vis-u-a-li-zation board. Geeze! Listen next time. (Like how I have mock conversations? It makes me feel less crazy to write them out instead of keeping the voices in my head). Anyway, a visualization board is a cork board where you put pictures, phrases, magazine cutouts, fortune cookie fortunes, etc. that portray your desires in life. You post up the things you want in your life and look at the board everyday and visualize that those things up there are already yours or are already happening at this very moment. On my board, I have pictures I got online, a fortune cookie fortune I got with last night's dinner, some favorite quotes, Bible phrases, and so forth. It's pretty cool if I do say so myself...other than the fact that when it comes to cutting things out I still cut like a 2nd grader. How they let me move on to 3rd grade without mastering that skill is a mystery. So yeah, the things on my board are uneven-looking, but I think it adds character and says to the world, "Hey, I'm not perfect." I look at my board 2-3 times a day, and it makes me smile. I recommend everyone make one.


Oh, with a simple wriggle of my nose, I am reminded to tell you about Silas. Silas is the mountain-like pimple right next to my nose. He was just like hey yesterday, but I guess I neglected him so today he's like LOOK AT ME! You're a bastard, Silas, and you hurt like hell too. And he's one of those pimples that's under the skin, so you can't get to it. His location alone makes him hard to tackle (we all know who hard it is to go after a pimple on or right beside the nose). After several unsuccessful minutes of bending your nose are far as you can, you starting thinking Maybe if I just cut my nose off for like 30 seconds I can get to this stubborn ass pimple and reattach my nose without much blood loss. And then just when you have the knife ready you realize Crap! I don't know how to sow. I would never be able to get it to stay on. And even if I did it would most certainly be crooked. So, you opt not to cut your nose off after all. Instead, Silas and I are forced to get along until he decides he's ready to leave. And he's not even a good guest. I can't tell you how many wet towels I've had to pick up off the bathroom floor. It just takes a second to hang it up, Silas. So, I got that going for me. Maybe I should put a picture of Silas on my visualization board with an X over him.

(The below image is not me, but her friend there on the left is a great representation of Silas)



No comments: