Monday, June 22, 2009

I Am Drawn To Places That Have An Animal in Their Name

Great weekend! I got to hang out with two of my besties from high school. On Saturday night I drove into Baytown to go out on the town with Xavier, my best friend since 9th grade. We met in freshman algebra and clicked right away. He's an awesome friend! Becasue he always comes to Houston, I decided to go to his neck of the woods (my old neck...I've since had a neck transplant). However, upon arrival in the Dirty Bay, as it is called, we immeditaely headed to Clear Lake to hit up some hot spots out there. I've never been out in Clear Lake, but I can now check that off my Bucket List. The first stop was a place called Turtle Club, which really isn't a club at all nor is it shapped like a turtle. It's a bar. On a boat. There's nothing like taking a sip of beer and then realizing you're whole body is swaying to make you think you're drink has been drugged. I was like Holy Balls! What is in this Bud Light 'cause I am trippin'. I soon discovered that everyone felt the same sudden dizziness I did and that there was logic to it all. The boat was rocking back and forth. Whew. That was a relief. For a moment I was sure I was going to wake up in a black F150 with 3 tats that said 'I heart Ray-Ray.' After Turtle Club we headed to Bucks Bar, which is a club, and you will be surprised to note that there were no male deer inside. Disappointment, quite frankly. The club played hip hop music with the occasional country and salsa song thrown in the mix. At 2am they closed up shop, and I was more than ready to head home. I don't have the stamina of my college days anymore.

On Sunday I spent the afternoon with Miss Carrie, my bestie since jr. high. She and I went to brunch at Buffalo Grill...Hold on. Does anyone else see a pattern emerging? Turtle Club. Bucks Bar. Buffalo Grill. The animal kingdom calls to me. Anyway, Buffalo Grill was very yum. I will return. Then Carrie introduced me to a store called Francesca's. A store that I will now have to go to over and over again. They had such cute clothes, purses, jewelry, knick knacks, patty whacks, give the dog a bone. I loved it! There was only one mishap, but I have since uncovered the reason for it. I had a dress and a pair of earrings at checkout. The cashier said Do you want these? Meaning the earrings. And I said Yes, I do. Silly me didn't realize that June 21 was Opposite Day. Missed that on the calendar. When I replied with a yes to her question she must have thought Yes means no, so she doesn't want the earrings...(giggle) I love Opposite Day. It's so much fun! If I had been using my telepathic power that day (I turn it off on Sundays) I could have made my thoughts respond to her thoughts with Um no, heffer. Today's Father's Day not Opposite Day. Now give me my damn earrings. Then she would have totally thought she was crazy because someone else's voice was speaking in her head and cried out OMG! I'm Sybil! So it was a good thing that I didn't have my powers on. The sad part is that I didn't get those freaking earrings.

When I got home Adam was making a pot roast, and holy cow it turned out AMAZING! The roast was so tender, the potatos and carrots soft and flavorful and the juice delicious. My favorite meal of his hands down. Had round 2 for lunch today. OK, it's 10pm. My bedtime. Catch ya on the flip side.

No comments: