Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Just Give Me Some H2O & Put Me to Bed

Hmm...haven't posted in a while and feel like I should, but what to say? What awesome, hilarious or embarrassing thing happened recently? I'm too drained to think right now. Why am I drained, I heard you ask? Well, because I'm hot. No, not like Megan Fox in a bikini hot. Like clothes sticking to me 'cause I'm sweating hot. It's amazing how being hot can deplete your energy level. And the kicker is that I wasn't doing any sort of physical activity that would cause one to be hot and sweaty. In fact, I was sitting at my desk putting stamps on post cards for a client. It's just that Houston is so dang humid that it becomes possible to be sitting indoors with the AC on and sweat. I'm such a visualizer that I thought maybe I visualized myself exercising and did it so well that I actually started sweating...but then I remembered that I would NEVER visualize exercise. Exercise is the thing of nightmares. So, now that I am finally cooling down, I seem to be exhausted. PJs and a book, please.

Oh, I know! Me, me! Call on me! Yes, Sarah. Go ahead. OK, so Monday afternoon a headache started. Nothing too bad, just annoying more than anything. Well, as the day bled into night, the pain intensified, so much so that I thought about going to the hospital. I'd never had such a headache in my life. Nothing I did helped. I decided to get online and see what could be causing it. Not a good idea in this case. All this stuff popped up about fatigue, dizziness, swollen tongue, trouble speaking, brain aneurysms...GET TO THE HOSPITAL. Suddenly I was like, "I think I'm having trouble swallowing. OMG! My tongue must be swollen! Am I speaking clearly? A-B-C-D-E-F-G..." Then I felt dizzy. Another sign. After a few minutes of freaking myself out, I just walked away from the computer, drank lots of water and got my head pain down to a point that I could fall asleep. Low and behold, I didn't die in my sleep! Yay! The headache didn't completely go away until last night, though. Lesson: Hydration. My shoot on Sunday was outdoors, and it was an all day thing. When you're as pale as I am, you shouldn't just soak up hours and hours of sun without sunscreen and lots of water. So, root cause of my horrible headache: Sun poisoning (or so I speculate).

Well, it's about that time. Time for me to head home, relax and watch So You Think You Can Dance : ) Love that show! Until next time... 

No comments: