Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sore Muscles, Eye Poking, Birthday Celebration, Sunburn, Dentist...It's all here

OK, so now I'm on day 2 since my trip to the gym, and I am more sore today than I was yesterday. Lifting air hurts my biceps. Sitting down is agony. And all I can say about stairs is that they're the Devil. And I guess I exchanged brain cells for muscle mass because I am going back tonight to do it all again. If you could see the fake excitement on my face, you'd know how I truly feel about doing BodyPump again. 

Yeah, it kinda resembles the guy's face. You can tell he doesn't want to be there...Or he just pooped his pants. One or the other. Either way, he's not happy.

I told Carrie I would karate chop her in the forehead for doing this to me, and I stand by my word. When she picks me up for class I will say hello (because she is my friend) and then hi-ya straight at her forehead. After which I will ask her how her day at work was (because she is my friend).

I honestly don't know how in the hell I'm going to lift that freakin' barbell or even attempt a squat. And if the instructor tells me not to bite my lip or scrunch my face (he said that to people on Tues.), I'm going to put my barbell down, walk, I mean limp, over to him and bite his nose. Actually, he sweats a lot, and I don't want to get his sweat in my mouth so I wont bite him. But I will poke him in the eye. Just a real quick poke. Not too hard to cause damage or impair vision. Just enough so that he gets the message and has to wink the rest of class. 

This Saturday is my nephew, Jackson's, 5th birthday. I can't believe he's 5 already. He has grown to be such a precious little boy. So polite and well-behaved. Cute as a button (How did that expression come about? I mean, are buttons really that cute? I think there are way cuter things in this world than a button. Like those mini burgers that are all the craze right now. Why not He's as cute as a mini cheeseburger...Whatevs

I haven't decided where to take him yet. I'm waiting to see what my bro suggests. I want to take him somewhere he doesn't get to go often but really loves. I'm excited to have a day with Jackson, just me and him.

Oh, to add to my sore legs, arms and butt, I have a sunburn on my chest (you know, from my weekend at the inflatable pool), and it hurts. It's starting to peel right along the breast bone, and last night I had to go to sleep with a cold rag in between my boobs. I held it in place with my cleavage. I finally get my normal face back (had a massive breakout last week, you can read about it here), and now my body goes to poop. If it ain't one thing, it's another.


Went to the dentist this morning. Before I get my teeth cleaned I always do a kickass job of brushing and flossing them myself in hopes that the hygienist will think I always take such good care of my teeth. So this morning I brushed super good, flossed and brushed again. How she was still scrapping crap off my teeth is beyond me. Good news is that I have no cavities...and if you've known me pre-adult teeth, you'll know that's quite a feat. I just hate that taste and feel you have after getting your teeth cleaned. That toothpaste, which I'm sure comes from outer space, never rinses off completely so when you bite down you feel that crit-like crap. And because you're there with your mouth wide open for like 45 min. straight, you have a tight jaw afterwards. No wonder people don't like going. But it's done, and I don't have to do it again for another 6 months.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

woohoo! glad it works! :)

Harlax said...

Me too! It feel like it's a whole new blog now : )

Mari Meehan said...

Yea! Had to test it!

Harlax said...

Haha : )

Acting Journal said...

Love your blog, you are hilarious!

Harlax said...

Thanks, Kay : )