Friday, May 15, 2009

IT'S ALIVE!!

Holy Moses, it has been a while since I blogged! I just got so busy at work that I didn't have time to make a post. Lame excuse, I know, but it's the truth. I've been spending so much time trying to figure out Twitter on behalf of my clients that I forgot all about my lowly blog (picture me frowning). And to add salt (Morton's lite salt) to an open wound, I don't have crap to say right now. One would think that having almost 2 weeks to experience things and think about things that I would have tons of stuff to say by now...but I don't. I'm tempted to go out in public and stage a dramatically embarrassing trip and fall scene just for the sake of this blog. Too bad I have too much self pride to carry out that idea...but if I could make someone else fall down. Now that's an awesome idea! I do love to watch others trip and fall. Sadistic? Some would say.

Today is Friday, to state the obvious, but it's even more joyous because it's payday too. Hip Hip Hooray! That really doesn't elude to too much excitement, though, because the electric, water, cable and gas bills are stuck to the frig door waiting to suck my hard-earned money right out of my bank account. It is these moments that I miss being a young tot, living at home with my parents, never falling victim to the woes of bills, rent, groceries and vet appointments--Lola's is tomorrow, by the way. Oh, to be a kid again. Take away that awkward stage, acne and braces, and I'm in. Time machine, do your stuff.

Got a screenwriters workshop tomorrow morning. Since I have been brought on as an assistant screenwriter, the film's producer wants me to attend this workshop with him. He paid for me to go, which was super nice. It's at Rice University at 10am. I've never been to a screenwriters workshop, probably because I never thought I'd be writing a screenplay, but I'm excited about it. 

The game plan was to shoot our newsroom scenes on Sunday, but one of the other actors, the news director, was in a car accident. Nothing serious, but it did prevent him from filming this weekend. So now we are shooting the scenes next weekend. It will be a long day, maybe a long two days depending on how much we get done on Saturday. It's a 6 person scene, so we have to get the lines and reactions of all 6 people individually as well as group shots. But it's gonna be a blast! 

Rehearsal is Monday night, and I am sooo anxious to meet the other actors. I discovered earlier this week that I already know one of them. The day before my audition, I was an extra in a short film, and I was seated next to a guy named Bobby. As Bobby and I talked we learned that both of us were going to the following day's audition and even saw each other there. Low and behold, when Wonedwossn (producer/director) told me the names of the other actors, it was Bobby whom he casts as Tim, the cocky, pretentious, materialistic reporter who doesn't care for the new guy (male lead). Now Bobby isn't really like that, but he's a handsome, sharp dressing, confident man, so he can pull the role off well.

It's just all a bundle of excitement, and I can't wait to see the finished product! It's gonna be a great film, I just know it.

Well, got work to do. I know, it's a crazy concept, this actually working while at work thing. Who came up with that one? I'll try to be better at making posts. Promise (fingers secretly crossed under desk)

No comments: