Monday, May 4, 2009

Quiet on the set!



Yesterday I had my first day on set. (That's so cool to say) I wasn't in the scene but wanted to be there so that I could understand the process of filming, meet some of  the other actors, get a feel for the tone of the movie, etc. We shot the 'CEO scene,' which I helped write. The producer, who is the main script writer, sends me the scenes and lets me edit, change and add dialogue as needed. I keep the tone and attitude of the scenes and just make the dialogue more conversational. It's pretty cool to get to help write the movie too.

We met at IHOP at 8am so the actors could start rehearsing, then at 11:30am we headed over to the set, which was a law office off Memorial Dr. The man playing the CEO really looked the part. We was very tall and had that loud, deep voice that was great when he got angry in the scene. Once he put his suit on it was like, BAM, he really captured the feel of a CEO. The guy playing the CEO's right hand man (character name: Scott) was really good. He got his lines down fast and did great at appearing inferior and frightened as his boss yelled at him. There was a third guy who was in the background playing the "attack dog" type. He works for Scott. He didn't have any lines in yesterday's scene, but as he stood in the background you could see him making tight fists and crinkling his knuckles. He never took his eyes off Scott, like he was just waiting for the attack command. (This attack would be on the nosey reporter, not the CEO)

We starting wrapping things up at 3pm and left by 4pm. I was so exhausted when I got home. I had a great time, though, and was glad I went. It allowed me to meet and get comfortable with the camera crew, so that when it's time for me to do my scenes I will feel at ease. They have so much cool equipment that it felt like a big-time movie set. I'm so excited about getting more scenes shot! Next weekend will be another adventure, and I'll let you know how it goes.

On another note. I went to Quick Weight Loss to weigh in and get measured, and when the consultant measured my waist she said, "Wait. Let me do that again. I must have messed up because that's a lot of inches off in a week." But, no mistake. I lost 3 inches off my waist!! Woo Freakin' Hoo!! That just made my day : ) I wasn't seeing too much of a decrease on the scale so I thought progress has slowed, but no sir. I've always been like that, though, on any diet. I don't see much difference on the scale, but my clothes get really baggy, which is all that matters to me. Confidence restored. Motivation replenished.

No comments: