Friday, April 24, 2009

How can there be self-help “groups”?

For some weird reason I got to thinking about the stupid things that come out of people's mouth, which led to the pondering of the stupid questions people ask, and that gave way to a line of thought about rhetorical questions...There are some funny and thoughtful ones out there. That was my one line of thought. So to the Internet I went, where I pulled together a short list of the rhetorical questions that made me laugh. 

(From www.InnocentEnglish.com)

1. Why is it that when someone tells you that there are billions of stars in the universe, you believe them. But if they tell you there is wet paint somewhere you have to touch it?

2. If 4 out of 5 people suffer from diarrhea does that mean the fifth one enjoys it?

3. How do they get the deer to cross at that yellow road sign?

4. What was the best thing before sliced bread?

5. If deaf people go to court is it still called a hearing>?

6. If you choke a smurf, what color will it turn?

(From www.Englishforums.com)

7. Why is it called alcoholics anonymous when the first thing you do is stand up and say 
"Hi, my name's Bob. I'm an alcoholic"?

8. Why do toasters always have a setting on them which burns your toast to a 
horrible crisp that no one would eat?

9. If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests? (Haha!)

No comments: