Monday, April 27, 2009

Red is my color afterall...


Well, I was going to wait until tomorrow to post this, but I can't contain my excitement. On Sunday, I had my first film audition ever....Let me backtrack a bit. I recently decided to get a hobby because, aside from work, I just stayed at home and got lazy. Acting has always been something I wanted to try, so I joined the Houston Film Industry to see if I could be a part of some local, short films on the weekends. Through the organization, I receive invites to casting calls and heard about one on Sunday for a feature-length film called Shut Your Blog Off that only films on Saturdays and Sundays, which is perfect. I mustered up the courage to go and felt it went well. I had my lines memorized pretty quickly, and the person I read with was very laid back and made me feel at ease. That was such a relief because I was sooo nervous going into it.


This morning I got an email from the producer/director asking if we could meet this evening to talk about the film. We met at Cafe Express in Uptown Park and went over the film's plot and direction. Mid way through he tells me that he wants to offer the female lead to me. I am still stunned. I just can't believe I got the part!! I wanted it really bad but didn't expect to get a lead part on my first audition. I am super excited to get started, which is good because the plan is to begin filming this Saturday. After the film is totally complete, post-production and such, there will be a screening where the public can come view the film in an actual movie theater. I am going to be seen on the big screen!!!! I'm freaking out here! This is so awesome and amazing and surreal.


If you want to check out the film go to http://www.shutyourblogoff.com/. You can get a quick summary there. My part will be a reporter named Rene who is new to the news station's staff, as is the movie's male lead reporter. Tough she is welcomed, he is treated as an outcast, and when he discovers a good news story--a healthcare scandal--he is met with ridicule from everyone else on the team...except Rene. Rene is the only one who believes him and helps him when he decides to investigate the story on his own. It's got a lot of great aspects in it, like comedy, suspense, drama and intrigue. I'm very excited to be working on it and just so thankful to have this opportunity.


I will keep everyone up to date as filimg gets rolling, and when it's time for the Houston premiere, you're all invited!

No comments: