Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Keep It Clear

OK, so I'm trying to drink lots more water throughout the day to keep me hydrated, curve hunger, be healthy, etc. I've been doing pretty well so far...well, I'm only on day 2 so I better be doing good. If I'd screwed up already we'd know that I have some major follow through issues, which hey, I probably do. (Sarah did not continue her stupid "workout" last night!) Who the hell said that? I don't appreciate people jumping on my computer and telling all 5 of my readers about my failures. Back off! OK? So anyway, I've been keeping my glass full...and my bladder. And how to know if I'm on the right path is by looking at the color of my pee. The clearer the better. If you're peeing a yellow highlighter, my friend, than you are in need of some H2O. If your pee looks like a fresh spring, then thumbs up! 

Now, I've never really assessed all the various pee colors...must have missed that chart in elementary school...so I'm going to make my own. I hope to inspire you to drink the right amount of water a day, and so I want to provide you with the right tools to do so. Here's your pee chart: (Ha! Like a pie chart, only I don't think of Key Lime or Boston Cream when I say it)

Highlighter Yellow: Damn, G! You better get your ass to the nearest water well and drink it dry
Post-It Note Yellow: Tisk, tisk! You are overdue for some serious hydration.
Smokers Teeth Yellow: Not bad, but let's take it to the next level.
Baby Blanket Pastel Yellow: Doing good, my friend. Just a glass or so more.
Transparent: Celebrate good times come on! And don't try and hold it anymore, not worth it.
Crystal Clear: You are a fresh Colorado spring. Revel in it!

It's a 6 step program, but yes, you can skip levels. It is possible to go from Highlighter to Smokers Teeth in one day, but don't feel like you're a loser if you stick with the chart level by level. We all move at different paces in life, and we can't all have the best pee color.

Now, if you want some other cool tips on how to take in more water, check out this site:
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/9-tips-how-to-drink-more-water-441417/

You'll be surprised at how much better you feel if you stay hydrated...and you'll notice things about your bathroom that you never did before. After you go into the same place 15 times in an hour, you tend have more chances to analyze it. Like, "Wow! I didn't know someone wrote a 'your mamma's so fat' joke in tiny letters on the wall...Ha! I'll have to use that one." That sort of thing. So, take care and keep it clear!

No comments: