Monday, April 6, 2009

This is me!




Well, since this is my first blog I guess I should start out as any first-time meeting should, with an introduction. My name is Sarah, common, but I like it. There was a period of time when I was 8 that I insisted on being called Sady because my great grandmother (also named Sarah) went by that name. Needless to day it didn't stick, so Sarah it is. I have a degree in journalism and have been working in public relations for almost 5 years. I will venture to say that writing/pr is in my genes as one of my aunts is a writer/editor and the other a PR superwoman. And to think that I started college intent on med school. Ha!

I absolutely LOVE reading and writing. Curling up with a good book is one of my favorite things to do. I like all kinds of books: mystery/suspense, crime, history, etc. I discovered a used bookstore in my neighborhood that I've fallen in love with. It's called Kaboom. They have tons of really great books. Writing has been a passion of my since as long as I can remember, and I hope to write my own book someday. What said book will be about, that I don't know yet, but I am confident that it will come to me in due time. I don't know what it is about holding a pencil over a blank sheet of paper that makes me feel like anything is possible. Knowing that at any time something amazing could suddenly drain from my head, down my arm and out the end of that pencil is so exciting.

I am an animal lover with a particular love for dogs, having 3 myself: Rhodesian Ridgeback (Lola), Yorkie (Dax) and a Poodle-mix (Harley). I like to call Harley a Dalmoodle (Poodle+Dalmation), and you can see why when you look at his coat. Those 3 crazy dogs are my babies. They are spoiled rotten, and I admit it proudly : )

I was born in Baytown but reside in Houston, where most of my family is as well. My family is my world, and I must confess that I believe myself to have the best family ever. I also cherish my friends and so look forward to those evenings spent drinking wine and traveling down Memory Lane. I love the trips I take with my college friends because no matter how carefully we plan out every detail something goes wrong, and it makes for the best stories later on...if you are one of the trip participants then you know what I mean : )

Well, that's me in a nutshell. I hope you're not too bored. Be forewarned, though, I am not a CSI or a daredevil or a celebrity, so don't expect gory death scene details or a play by play of a cliff jumping experiment or juicy gossip about the Twilight cast because I got nothing there...What you read is what you get.

Sarah

No comments: